I'm in Chennai this week, visiting with Kapil Paranjape and the rest of the people here at MatScience (it's hard not to want to pronounce it "Mad Science"). I'll give a talk tomorrow morning on my thesis work, but I'm also giving a talk on Thursday about illustrating mathematics. So this has given me cause to geek out with surf and create some nice animations.
Of course, one of my great mathematical inspirations in this direction is the artistic work of my friend Lun-Yi Tsai. Lun-Yi recently gave a colloquium talk at the UW where he presented his work and asked for mathematicians with theorems that they visualize to share their ideas with him.
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
a family of blue sextics
Posted by
zachary
at
2:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love the animation!
I miss you Z*. Wish we could have a conversation about mathematical art over a beer sometime.
Maybe we'll get to do a big installation on the playa one of these years...
Hey Big Bro!
I'm so glad you are blogging. Now I can live vicariously through you and keep tabs on you at the same time. Hooray for multitasking!
Love,
Big Sis
Post a Comment