After lunch on Wednesday, I couldn't get back into the math, so I dicided to go for a bike ride. My clothes that worked reasonably well for Seattle tend to be a bit on the warm side here, so rather than spend time shopping (which I generally dislike) I had planned on picking up some cheap stuff from the sidewalk vendors when I got here (which tends to be a bit more interesting). A certain section of Mahatma Ghandi road is known as fashion street - the sidewalk on one side is lined with stalls selling all sorts of clothes.
On my way there, I took a slight detour and passed by the town hall and Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (formerly Victoria Terminus), where I spent most of my previous visit to this city. I didn't check to see if the guy who sold my Dad and I a child's ticket to the next town claiming that it was a first class ticket to Delhi was still there. He's probably retired by now.
Many of these places will require a return when I'm in a mood to take pictures.
I eventually made my way to the vendors and picked up a few nice cotton shirts, some shorts, and a pair of pants for thrift store prices. Whenever I would stop while browsing along the stalls, a crowd of people interested in my bike would form. A foreigner on a bike is not a common sight. People always ask about the one brake, and then show them that it is fixed. This is also not a common thing here, which means that the crowd is easily impressed by a track stand, especially without hands. I should work on my backwards circles if I really want to show off...
Thursday, September 28, 2006
Track stands on MG road
Posted by
zachary
at
8:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
the more I read your blogs, the more I want to come and visit you...early spring next year, maybe for my 85th birthday.
Post a Comment