I finally have some houseplants. The nursery was one of the first things that I discovered when I came here, and I visit occasionally to look at the ranks of interesting plants. The founder of TIFR, Homi Bhabha, was a lover of gardens and though some of the grounds that could be made quite nice are not, the arrays of flora that are distributed about the buildings and those parts of the grounds that are kept up are great. I learned recently that the nursery sells plants on Tuesday and Friday mornings, and was able to find the person who I needed to talk to yesterday. I picked out a few, and that afternoon, three of the guys who I see spending their days maintaining our ameoba-like French topiary and creating the elaborate bouquets adorning the lobby carried over my three new friends.
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Plants
Posted by
zachary
at
11:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So the Chia Pet is outside the view of your camera?
Remember to threaten them daily, and throw in a few descriptive hell-like punnishments for not growing and thriving. I hear it's good to talk to your plants.
Post a Comment